code for ignore Client SSL Certificates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am creating an win32 application in which i am calling an web service using WSDL.

In which i want to ignore  Client SSL Certification .

Below is the c# code for that

System.Net.ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = ((sender, certificate, chain, sslPolicyErrors) => true);

I want to do the same in c++ 

please help me on this.

Please give me a sample code or any related link related to this.

A sample code will be much useful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ashish

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:54 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 4:13 PM

All replies

• On 2/25/2013 11:13 AM, agrawal.ashish wrote:

I am creating an win32 application in which i am calling an web service using WSDL.

In which i want to ignore  Client SSL Certification .

That's going to be about as effective as ignoring a door lock - you can ignore it all you want, but the lock nevertheless won't let you pass through the door.

If the server requires that the client authenticate itself with a certificate, then the client must provide a satisfactory certificate, or else the server is going to reject the request.

Below is the c# code for that

System.Net.ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = ((sender, certificate, chain, sslPolicyErrors) => true);

That suppresses server certificate validation; it has nothing to do with client certificates. We have already discussed server certificates in an earlier thread.

Igor Tandetnik

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:05 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your participation. According to your description, I think Application Security for Windows Desktop is a better forum for this issue. This thread will be moved to that forum, we would appreciate your understanding.

Regards,

Damon Zheng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:56 AM