none
What does this error message mean? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

when I add a WCF service from my .net core3.0(Console App), I got the error message. May I know what it means?? After adding the service and I attemp to perform the program. It still works fine. @@ so .... no idea on it. Thanks

Web.Config

<system.serviceModel>
        <behaviors>
          <serviceBehaviors>
            <behavior name="MyServiceBehavior">
              <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" httpsGetEnabled="true"></serviceMetadata>
              <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true"></serviceDebug>
    		  <serviceCredentials>
    				<serviceCertificate findValue="extlab.litwareinc.pri" storeLocation="LocalMachine" storeName="My" x509FindType="FindBySubjectName"/>
    		  </serviceCredentials>
    		</behavior>
          </serviceBehaviors>
          <endpointBehaviors>
            <behavior name="jsonBehaviour">
              <webHttp />
            </behavior>
          </endpointBehaviors>
        </behaviors>
        <bindings>
          <wsHttpBinding>
            <binding name="wsHttpsEndpointBinding" maxBufferPoolSize="524288" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647">
              <security mode="TransportWithMessageCredential">  
                    <!--<transport clientCredentialType="Ntlm" />--> 
    				<message clientCredentialType="Certificate" />           
              </security>   
            </binding>
          </wsHttpBinding>
        </bindings>
        <services>
          <service name="TecturaWsListItems.v2.Service" behaviorConfiguration="MyServiceBehavior">
            <endpoint address="" binding="wsHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="wsHttpsEndpointBinding" contract="TecturaWsListItems.v2.IService" />
            <endpoint address="mex" binding="mexHttpsBinding" contract="IMetadataExchange">
            </endpoint>
          </service>
        </services>
        <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true">
        </serviceHostingEnvironment>
      </system.serviceModel>

Hi there, if you found my comment very helpful then please | Propose as answer | . Thanks and Regards.

• Edited by Will .H Sunday, November 24, 2019 3:32 PM
    Sunday, November 24, 2019 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    The error indicates that the service could not be called properly in Asp.net Core project.
    The purpose of adding service reference is generating a client proxy class and compatible configuration in the client-side, so as to sending a proper request to the server. Therefore we have to generate a client proxy object and call the remote service like calling a local method. the service endpoint address and binding configuration will automatically use the generated configuration, which located in System.servicemode section of the Appconfig file on the client-side.
    Best Regards
    Abraham

Monday, November 25, 2019 3:34 AM
  • Any non Core .NET solution does not work with a Core solution, becuase the two are incompatible in this situation. 
    Monday, November 25, 2019 10:39 PM