locked
Access Denied Issue in MDS Home Page RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have installed MDS while installing SQL Server 2014 on my local machine ( windows 10). However when I try accessing the home page of Master Data Manager, it is giving access denied error. I am unable to access the Master Data Manager itself. Can someone help me in getting this issue resolved?

    MDS Database and Web Application are using same user account which is Administrator on the system.

    -Regards Avi | Please kindly don’t forget to mark the post(s) that answered your question

    Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:14 PM

Answers

  • This issue is resolved with below steps which i found in one forum:

    The root cause is, in the user active directory environment, there is a machine is using the same name as user. So the MDS is resolve the user to be SID of the machine. In the tblUser table, the name is showing as Domain\UserName$. The $ means it is a machine not a user account.

    To workaround the issue, user need get the SID of the user and update the tblUser table, SID and UserName column. 

    It is a bug in the SQL Server and has been fixed in the SQL 2016.


    -Regards Avi | Please kindly don’t forget to mark the post(s) that answered your question

    • Marked as answer by Avi26 Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:37 PM
    Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:36 PM

All replies

  • Adding More Info - 

    Authentication for web site: Windows Authentication is enabled, everything else is disabled.

    Authentication for the server: Windows Authentication is enabled, everything else is disabled.

    I am an admin on both the server and the SQL instance.

    I am the only record in [mdm].[tblUser]

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.



    -Regards Avi | Please kindly don’t forget to mark the post(s) that answered your question

    • Marked as answer by Avi26 Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:34 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Avi26 Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:35 PM
    Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:23 PM
  • This issue is resolved with below steps which i found in one forum:

    The root cause is, in the user active directory environment, there is a machine is using the same name as user. So the MDS is resolve the user to be SID of the machine. In the tblUser table, the name is showing as Domain\UserName$. The $ means it is a machine not a user account.

    To workaround the issue, user need get the SID of the user and update the tblUser table, SID and UserName column. 

    It is a bug in the SQL Server and has been fixed in the SQL 2016.


    -Regards Avi | Please kindly don’t forget to mark the post(s) that answered your question

    • Marked as answer by Avi26 Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:37 PM
    Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:36 PM