none
Converting word2003 document to xml RRS feed

• Question

• I need to convert a MSWord2003 to xml without installing MS Word in my PC.

I achieved this by using AnsweredMicrosoft.Office.Interop.Word dlls.

But i need to know is there any way to do this without having MSWord application in my computer

Please help me to find out a solution

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVPModerator Friday, August 12, 2011 12:28 PM not using VSTO technology (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Friday, August 12, 2011 12:01 PM

Answers

• "XML" can be just about anything, since xml is a markup language. I suppose you mean either the Word 2003 XML vocabulary or the Open Office XML file format?

Possibly, this could be done with the Word Automation Services for Office 2010: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee558830.aspx

Or, you can try looking for third-party software that do a conversion without needing Word present on the machine.

As your question has nothing to do with the VSTO technology (something that runs in-process with the Word application, so Word must be installed on the machine)  I'm going to move it to the Word for Developers forum.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Friday, August 12, 2011 12:27 PM

All replies

• "XML" can be just about anything, since xml is a markup language. I suppose you mean either the Word 2003 XML vocabulary or the Open Office XML file format?

Possibly, this could be done with the Word Automation Services for Office 2010: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee558830.aspx

Or, you can try looking for third-party software that do a conversion without needing Word present on the machine.

As your question has nothing to do with the VSTO technology (something that runs in-process with the Word application, so Word must be installed on the machine)  I'm going to move it to the Word for Developers forum.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Friday, August 12, 2011 12:27 PM
  • Hello,

Have a look up at Spire.Doc, it converts Ms Word 97 ~ Ms Word 2010 to XML without installing MS Word in Your PC. easy and fast.

Friday, August 19, 2011 9:17 AM