none
How to batch EDI message based on number of transaction in incomming file? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to batch the file based on number of transactions in the source file. How do I make the batchid dynamic?

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:14 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, such level of control is not directly supported by the Batching Service.

However, first you need to check, and double check, what the exact requirement is.  Frequently, 'batching' requirements are found to have no technical or business backing and are specified...well, just because.

Anyway, if you find this is an unwaiverable requirement, you will have to create your own re-batching facility.  You can use many of the same artifacts BizTalk Batching uses, such as the batch schemas.

As an alternative, you can propose a hybrid transaction count/time approach where you set the Batch Release at something like 1000, then use Windows Scheduler to submit an external Release Trigger message every [some interval you define].
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:26 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:44 PM
  • Hi Kumar,

You can go through following article for insight on BatchID:

Configuring an Outgoing Batch

I hope this helps!!!!!!

Maheshkumar S. Tiwari|BizTalk Developer Interview Questions and Answers

http://tech-findings.blogspot.com/

• Marked as answer by Kumar789 Tuesday, September 3, 2013 8:26 PM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 4:31 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, such level of control is not directly supported by the Batching Service.

However, first you need to check, and double check, what the exact requirement is.  Frequently, 'batching' requirements are found to have no technical or business backing and are specified...well, just because.

Anyway, if you find this is an unwaiverable requirement, you will have to create your own re-batching facility.  You can use many of the same artifacts BizTalk Batching uses, such as the batch schemas.

As an alternative, you can propose a hybrid transaction count/time approach where you set the Batch Release at something like 1000, then use Windows Scheduler to submit an external Release Trigger message every [some interval you define].
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:26 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:44 PM
  • Hi Kumar,

You can go through following article for insight on BatchID:

Configuring an Outgoing Batch

I hope this helps!!!!!!

Maheshkumar S. Tiwari|BizTalk Developer Interview Questions and Answers

http://tech-findings.blogspot.com/

• Marked as answer by Kumar789 Tuesday, September 3, 2013 8:26 PM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 4:31 PM