SSRS--Expand/Collapse Parameters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How do i create  expand collapse control types for parameters in reporting services. For Ex. i am using Cube as my data source and passing Time as year,month , quarter from parameter.

SO i have created time parameter using MDX query and i want to see the parameter collapse and expandable as we see the dimension in cube. is it possible to do it.

thanks

Sar

Saturday, July 24, 2010 12:37 PM

Answers

• hi,

if you want to create an hierarchy on a parameter  like a tree unfortunately you cant. what you can to get like a hierarchy is just making the parameters cascading like you should define a parameter as quarter and the second one is month. when you select 3. quarter on first param then the second one will adjust itself the data to the months for 3. quarter.

thanks. 

Saturday, July 24, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Hi Sar,

Just add to buraktuf's response, please refer the following article for more informaiton about how to add a cascading parameter to a report:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337169.aspx

Thanks,
    Jin Chen

Jin Chen - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Friday, August 6, 2010 12:39 PM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 8:02 AM

All replies

• hi,

if you want to create an hierarchy on a parameter  like a tree unfortunately you cant. what you can to get like a hierarchy is just making the parameters cascading like you should define a parameter as quarter and the second one is month. when you select 3. quarter on first param then the second one will adjust itself the data to the months for 3. quarter.

thanks. 

Saturday, July 24, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Hi Sar,

Just add to buraktuf's response, please refer the following article for more informaiton about how to add a cascading parameter to a report:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337169.aspx

Thanks,
    Jin Chen

Jin Chen - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Friday, August 6, 2010 12:39 PM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 8:02 AM