sample apps not working on vs 2015ctp 6

Question

• i'm new to win app development.

i'm using vs 2015 ctp6

i tried following the C++ with XAML tutorial. but in part 5 'SimpleBlogReader' app, i got a bunch of errors in 'App.xaml' file. So i downloaded the sample app SimpleBlogReader to see what was going wrong. But, when i tried building the sample app it too displayed the same error messages. what is the reason for this? Are the sample apps not fully compatible with VS2015 ctp6? 

Monday, March 30, 2015 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Minion_94,

The doc you ref is this one: Part 5: Create a blog reader, correct? But I do not find any link in the doc that provide download for the sample app, could you help me to find it out.

I may want to test on my machine with Visual Studio 2013 update 4 to see if the issue is related with sample or its a environment issue.

Personally I would not recommend you to use ctp6 since its not officially announced but its a preview version which might cause some problem.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:45 AM
  • yes thats the doc.

search for 'Simple Blog Reader in C++' in 'samples' page under 'develop' section.

So, should i install VS 2013?
    • Edited by Minion_94 Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:34 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:33 AM
  • I would suggest you to do this, since VS 2015 isn't a stable version to use.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 4:21 PM