none
Reportviewer 2010 not showing report in Internet Explorer 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys

Ive bin working on Microsoft Report Viewer a while now and recently upgraded from report viewer 2008 to 2010 and sins then i get this problem that the report doen't show at all after loading the data into the report viewer, ive done everything correctly as i should, i know this as the report shows perfectly in Firefox and other Explorers, Is this a Bug in microsof's IE? There is also no errors as my code runs as it should, Any help would be appresiated

Thanks in advance

Regards Armand

Sunday, August 1, 2010 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hello, try first to set AsyncRendering property in reportviewer control to false. If not also remove doc type tags in the page.
    Ali Hamdar (alihamdar.com)
    • Proposed as answer by JustinTang Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:02 AM
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 8:11 PM
  • Hmmm, tried that hundreds of times already, this is wierd though, cause if i recreate the report viewer then everything works just fine, well until this weekend, Microsoft IE stoped showing the report but the viewer does open, just the report is not there.....

Monday, August 2, 2010 5:37 AM
  • Hello, try first to set AsyncRendering property in reportviewer control to false. If not also remove doc type tags in the page.
    Ali Hamdar (alihamdar.com)

Could this piece of code have any affect?
    private static void OpenWebSite(string webUrl, Control control)
            {
                ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(control, control.GetType(), "Open""window.open('" + webUrl + "');"true);
            }
    Im using that piece of code to open a new web page and show the reportviewer, whenever the new window opens i also get an error saying "Error: Permission denied", or something about "jScript: Error: Permission denied"
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 12:57 PM
  • <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="rptMicrosoftReportViewer" runat="server" Height=100% Width=100%>
                    <LocalReport EnableExternalImages ="true" EnableHyperlinks ="true">
                    </LocalReport>
                </rsweb:ReportViewer>

that height didn't always stay 100% :( so i had to give it another value wich doesn't have '%' in it instead have 'px'

Any reason height 100% would not work?

Thursday, August 26, 2010 1:56 PM