none
How to view Virtual User Activity details for Load test on cloud RRS feed

• Question

• I enabled Timing Details Storage property for our Load test so that we could analyze virtual users activity and gather detailed information about where test is failing. We are running the test as a Cloud test via VSO.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is this (enabling Timing Details Storage property) the right correct way to get details about which tests are failing and at what point?

2. Also is the User Activity chart visible in VSTS after the Cloud load test finishes? I noticed pre-reqs of Visual Studio Enterprise so want to know how we can view the charts/graphs when test are run on the cloud

Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:20 PM

Answers

• Hi RitikaS,

(1)1. Is this (enabling Timing Details Storage property) the right correct way to get details about which tests are failing and at what point?

This document shared us the detailed information about the RitikaS:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff423848.aspx

The Timing Details Storage property can be set to any of the following options:

•All Individual Details: Collects and stores individual timing data for each test, transaction, and page issued during the test.
    The All Individual Details option must be selected to enable virtual user data information in your load test results. For more information, see Analyzing Load Test Virtual User Activity in the Details View of the Load Test Analyzer.
    •None: Does not collect any individual timing details. However, the average values are still available.
    •Statistics Only: Stores individual timing data, but only as percentile data. This saves space resources.

(2)Also is the User Activity chart visible in VSTS after the Cloud load test finishes? I noticed pre-reqs of Visual Studio Enterprise so want to know how we can view the charts/graphs when test are run on the cloud.

For this issue, as far I know, it has not the User Activity chart if we run the cloud load test, I just could get the result like the following screen shot:

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 20, 2016 6:01 AM