Problems Importing data from Excel 2007 ro SQL Server Express 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble importing data from an Excel 2007 file to a 32 bit version of SQL Server Express 2008. I was able to do this proceedure once without any problems. Now, however when I run through the Import Export data wizard I receive the following (see below).

Operation stopped...

- Initializing Data Flow Task (Success)

- Initializing Connections (Success)

- Setting SQL Command (Success)

- Setting Source Connection (Success)

- Setting Destination Connection (Success)

- Validating (Success)

- Prepare for Execute (Stopped)

- Pre-execute (Stopped)

- Executing (Error)

- Copying to [dbo].['NDF-1$'] (Stopped)

- Post-execute (Stopped)

Error 0xc002f210: Preparation SQL Task 1: Executing the query "" failed with the following error: "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {19E353EF-DAF4-45D8-9A04-FB7F7798DCA7} failed due to the following error: 80040154.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.
    (SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Monday, June 29, 2009 9:56 PM

Answers

• After searching for answers and trying several things I stumbled on a solution. I ran the following (RegSvr32 SQLTaskConnections.dll) from the Windows Power Shell which will also work from the Command line interface. Why I needed to run this is still a mystery to me, and if anyone can explain it I would be grateful.

• Marked as answer by VidhyaSagar Friday, September 25, 2009 4:33 PM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:20 PM

All replies

• After searching for answers and trying several things I stumbled on a solution. I ran the following (RegSvr32 SQLTaskConnections.dll) from the Windows Power Shell which will also work from the Command line interface. Why I needed to run this is still a mystery to me, and if anyone can explain it I would be grateful.

• Marked as answer by VidhyaSagar Friday, September 25, 2009 4:33 PM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:20 PM
  • Mark, thank you for this solution.  I had the same error and this corrected it!
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:59 AM
  • Worked for me as well Mark, thank you!!!!
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:17 PM