Multiple models - joins RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to do a linq query which joins two tables from different models. I suspect not but perhaps if explain my situation people could suggest alternatives. I want to design a model which models our core tables that our product uses. However sometimes we need to add bespoke tables in addition to the core ones. These can different for different customers. I want the core data model to be "locked" and the other developer to create their own bespoke models. However I can forsee someone wanting to do a join between bespoke and core. What are my options beyond two separate queries and joining the data "manually". Cheers, Chris.

Chris
    Monday, November 21, 2011 9:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Fresno,

Welcome!

I think you're right!-->my options beyond two separate queries and joining the data "manually".

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alan_chen Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:13 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Fresno,

Welcome!

I think you're right!-->my options beyond two separate queries and joining the data "manually".

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alan_chen Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:13 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:52 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestions?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]

Monday, November 28, 2011 3:50 AM