none
Angular 8 outside or inside Visual Studio 2019 - NTier RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Here is a hypothetical scenario. A webapi and angular 8 application sitting on a windows server (the presentation layer). A webapi and SQL server sitting on another server. (the business layer) The two webapis communicate via services.

The user enters data via Angular which is submitted to the webapi.

The angular sits outside of visual studio 2019 it is currently developed via Visual Studio Code.

I have been asked to describe why I think it is a good idea to put the Angular code inside of Visual Studio 2019. It seems more structured, its easy to debug and, the communication via webapis is easy. Within the team I have been told that it is not a good idea because.

The angular developer won't like to see C# because he is only interested in Angular.

There is no separation of concerns

It is an old way of doing it.

Why do it when the angular only needs to communicate with the webapi using endpoints.

I think it is a good idea because it is why Microsoft created the webapi project and angular templates but I seek clarification as to whether or not it is a good idea?

Best regards,

Richard.

Currently, the angular sits outside of visual studio 2019 and is edited via Visual Studio Code 
    Currently, the angular sits outside of visual studio 2019 and is edited via Visual Studio Code 
    Sunday, November 24, 2019 7:12 PM

All replies

• Sounds like a good idea to me. I did a Web API in VS with an Angular UI in VS Code but I think it would be easier to do it just using VS. I will try and let you know. 
    Saturday, December 21, 2019 6:28 AM