none
Is there any way to embed watermark in office docs in web-view? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to embed watermark in office docs in web-view? Quick search shows that we can do this in word doc using setting its image background property:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.tools.word.document.background.aspx

For excel docs, looks like we can insert the image in header or footer and lay the watermark in such a way that it can cover the entire doc. However, I am not able to get any proper way of doing it for all office docs (especially for word, excel, powerpoint and one-note which are hosted by office-web-app server).

Any help!

Monday, August 5, 2013 5:40 AM

Answers

• Could you please be more specific about what you mean by "web-view"?

Are you talking about "Apps for Office"? About viewing a document in a browser? About something else?

<<However, I am not able to get any proper way of doing it for all office docs (especially for word, excel, powerpoint and one-note which are hosted by office-web-app server).>>

The web apps are not full versions of the desktop applications - they lack quite a bit of the core functionality, although things improve with each new version. Depending on which version is running, some things simply are not possible.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Monday, August 5, 2013 11:32 AM