none
Notifications of acceptance for the new Kinect's developer program RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was wondering if the notifications about acceptance to the Xbox One Kinect for Windows Developer Program have already been sent out (as it's now the end of August, and I haven't received any)?

Also, I would like to know if the new Kinect for Windows sensor will require a dedicated, external power supply, or if it gets all its power via USB 3.0.

Thank you very much!

• Edited by tlind Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:06 PM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:06 PM

Answers

• Just to clarify, this is not a Xbox One Kinect, but Kinect for Windows vNext device which is based on the same sensor technology that is shared with the Xbox One. We have started to roll-out notifications to those that have been accepted. Not everyone has been notified yet, and will take some time to go through the list. We will continue to notify people in the coming weeks.

We have no further technical details to share at this point.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 5:39 PM

All replies

• On the Notifications question, yes, they have gone out. I got mine on 8/23, subject "K4W Wants You!" from Ben Lower...<o:p></o:p>
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:48 PM
  • Just to clarify, this is not a Xbox One Kinect, but Kinect for Windows vNext device which is based on the same sensor technology that is shared with the Xbox One. We have started to roll-out notifications to those that have been accepted. Not everyone has been notified yet, and will take some time to go through the list. We will continue to notify people in the coming weeks.

We have no further technical details to share at this point.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 5:39 PM
  • When is the payment due for the program?  Now, or in November?

-sirnumbskull

Saturday, September 7, 2013 12:26 AM
  • Will we receive notification if we've been rejected?

-sirnumbskull

Saturday, September 7, 2013 12:33 AM