TITLE: SQL Server Setup failure. RRS feed

• General discussion

• TITLE: SQL Server Setup failure.
    ------------------------------

SQL Server Setup has encountered the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'file:///c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Release\x64\Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.RSExtension.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Error code 0x84B10001.

BUTTONS:

OK

Saturday, April 3, 2010 7:11 PM

All replies

• Could you please provide the OS and SQL Server Edition details
    Rajesh Kasturi Please click the Mark as Answer button if my post solves your problem.
    Monday, April 5, 2010 5:29 AM
  • Hi Suman123,

Please send the error messages logged into the setup log files that located in %Program files%\Microsoft sql server\100\Setup bootstrap\Log\ folder to _sqltnsp_at_microsoft_dot_com_ with this thread's link.
    For more information about how to View and Read SQL Server Setup Log Files, please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143702.aspx.

Regards,
    Tom Li - MSFT

Monday, April 5, 2010 9:08 AM
  • HI, the OS is Windows Vista and the SQL Server is SQL Server 2008 Developer edition
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 2:46 AM
  • Hi,

THe setup never took place, I get this message right after I inserted the CD...so there is no setup files under program files...

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 2:47 AM
  • Are you trying to install 64Bit SQL Server 2008 on 32 bit Vista OS?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 5:59 AM
  • Nope, I have Windows Vista as my Operating system and the SQL Server 2008 developer edition has this OS as recommendation.
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:03 PM
  • Still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:48 AM