Deployment question RRS feed

• Question

• User-75533841 posted

Hello all!

This is more of a double check than it is a question.

I was here and posted about a month ago with an issue deploying my site and think I that issue is solved, but I do have another one now. I am attemping to publish this project using the "Web Deploy Package" method. I am now trying to run the deploy.cmd and place my project on a web server we have for testing purposes at my job. It gets to the point where it's trying to add the database (very early into the actual deploying from my perspective) and gives the following error:

"Error code: ERROR_APPPOOL_VERSION_MISMATCH
    More Information: The application pool that you are trying to use has the 'managedRuntimeVersion' property set to 'v2.0'. This application requires 'v4.0'"

Judging by that error message and what I've been able to Google, it sounds like the error is cause by my project using .NET Framework 4 or higher and the server I'm attempting to deploy to only allows for .NET Framework 2 or lower. Is my assumption correct?

If I am correct, is there anything I can do with my project that would allow me to correct this issue or do I need to speak to the administrator of the server to see what needs to be done to allow .NET Framework 4? I attempted to change the target framework to 2.0, but then I was going to need to go through and correct a bunch of errors in order to publish the project again and I just don't have the knowledge to correct a lot of those errors.

Thanks for all your guys help with this question and questions past! You've been a helpful group for sure!

Monday, August 5, 2013 4:27 PM

Answers

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi JerryM4588,

Thanks for your post!

According to your description, you want using the “Web Deploy Package” to deploy your project and the use the “deploy.cmd” to install a Deployment Package.

The reason of the error is as you said that your project is based on .Net Framwork4.0, however your default web site is based on .Net Framwork2.0.

To deal with this issue, there are two solutions as follows:

Solution 1:

Change the type of .Net Framwork2.0 to .Net Framwork4.0 in application pool that is use for default web site.

Solution 2:

1. Create a new web site use the application pool that is based on .Net Framwork4.0. If there is no application pool that is based on .Net Framwork4.0, please create a new application pool. More information, please refer to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731784(v=ws.10).aspx
    2. Deploying a Web Application Project Using a Web Deployment Package, More information please refer to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd483479(v=vs.100).aspx

Be careful, in the IIS Web site/application name to use on the destination server box, don’t use the Default Web site, please specify the new web site that you create.

3.  Install a Deployment Package Using the deploy.cmd. More information, please refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff356104.aspx

Note: If the package specifies a web application name but no web site name, the package will install in the Default Web Site.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:40 AM

All replies

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi JerryM4588,

Thanks for your post!

According to your description, you want using the “Web Deploy Package” to deploy your project and the use the “deploy.cmd” to install a Deployment Package.

The reason of the error is as you said that your project is based on .Net Framwork4.0, however your default web site is based on .Net Framwork2.0.

To deal with this issue, there are two solutions as follows:

Solution 1:

Change the type of .Net Framwork2.0 to .Net Framwork4.0 in application pool that is use for default web site.

Solution 2:

1. Create a new web site use the application pool that is based on .Net Framwork4.0. If there is no application pool that is based on .Net Framwork4.0, please create a new application pool. More information, please refer to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731784(v=ws.10).aspx
    2. Deploying a Web Application Project Using a Web Deployment Package, More information please refer to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd483479(v=vs.100).aspx

Be careful, in the IIS Web site/application name to use on the destination server box, don’t use the Default Web site, please specify the new web site that you create.

3.  Install a Deployment Package Using the deploy.cmd. More information, please refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff356104.aspx

Note: If the package specifies a web application name but no web site name, the package will install in the Default Web Site.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:40 AM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi JerryM4588,

Please remember to make the repiles as answers if they help. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks

Best Regards

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 10:22 PM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi JerryM4588,

Since we haven't heard from you for a long time, I temporarily close this case. I mark useful reply as answer. If you have any concerns, please free feel to reopen it or submit a new question. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks

Best Regards

Monday, August 12, 2013 8:56 AM
  • User-1313882852 posted

hi Starain.. can you please tell me how to read only new site name created, itself in parameters file.

Like if I use IIS Web Application Name, it gives me all path like Default web site/yournewsite. How to get only 'yournewsite' text in parameters file. 

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:29 AM
  • User-1426144113 posted

Hi,

I think, you'd better create a new thread.

Thanks

Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:57 AM