Visual C# 2010 restarts my computer when I close it. RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I finished developing something, saved it. if I close the IDE my computer restarts.
    I't happens almost all the time, there are some rare events when it doesnt happen. ( I think it doesnt happen when I dont have any project open too.)
    I would appreciate info about what cause this, and if there a solution.

thanks much.

Monday, December 21, 2009 4:19 PM

Answers

• probably a bad driver somewhere, analyze the crashdump to find out which one.
    • Marked as answer by Harry Zhu Monday, December 28, 2009 2:58 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2009 4:27 PM
  • You may want to use Virtual PC when running beta software, so you can be assured of a consistent footprint during each run. I know this comes too late to help, but I have been running all my VS2010 betas on a unique Hyper-V instance and have not run into the same problem.

If nothing else try on a different machine/virtual to narrow down the problem. GL HTH
    William Wegerson (www.OmegaCoder.Com)
    Monday, December 21, 2009 4:40 PM
  • Besides, it is always a good idea to close your solution prior to exiting Visual Studio anyway.
    I have run into problems with all versions of VS when I fail to do so. 
    No re-boots, mostly solutions that loose or drop projects, which must be manually re-added.
    I have also seen errors related to project references when one project references another within the same solution.

Rudy  =8^D

Mark the best replies as answers. "Fooling computers since 1971."
    Monday, December 21, 2009 7:50 PM

All replies

• probably a bad driver somewhere, analyze the crashdump to find out which one.
    Monday, December 21, 2009 4:27 PM
  • You may want to use Virtual PC when running beta software, so you can be assured of a consistent footprint during each run. I know this comes too late to help, but I have been running all my VS2010 betas on a unique Hyper-V instance and have not run into the same problem.

If nothing else try on a different machine/virtual to narrow down the problem. GL HTH
    William Wegerson (www.OmegaCoder.Com)
    Monday, December 21, 2009 4:40 PM
  • Besides, it is always a good idea to close your solution prior to exiting Visual Studio anyway.
    I have run into problems with all versions of VS when I fail to do so. 
    No re-boots, mostly solutions that loose or drop projects, which must be manually re-added.
    I have also seen errors related to project references when one project references another within the same solution.

Rudy  =8^D

Mark the best replies as answers. "Fooling computers since 1971."
    Monday, December 21, 2009 7:50 PM