Help with Architecture of Office Add-In (App for Office) Accessing Local PostgrSQL Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm developing a Task Pane app for Excel that will pull data from a on-premise PostgresQL database. I have concerns:

1. I want to put the app in the App store as there are numerous businesses that utilize the same database provider. The market is a certain business of which there are probably 5,000 companies that have the same identical database just different IP addresses and creds.
    2. I could use an activex data object because all users use the pgsql odbc connector.
    3. I know that Trusted Sites security settings in IE might cause problems on the client side.
    4. I don't want the consumer of the app to have to install anything (like a windows service) to push the data out to the service bus or whatever.

Can data access be done client side in the add-in perhaps with a SignalR javascript library without using ADO?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

John Donnelly

Friday, September 18, 2015 7:08 PM

All replies

• We are doing the research about your problem. There might be some delay about the response. Appreciate your patience.
    Friday, September 25, 2015 9:50 AM