none
Ameding the outcome of clicking the exit (cross in box) button in a Windows Form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to change it so that, is the user clicks on the "cross in a box" button to close the program, they get asked if they are sure, and writes some details to a log file.

When I use the code below, if I click YES, I get asked the same question again. if I click yes again, then the line gets written, and the program closes.

If I click No, the program closes (it shouldn't, it should close the messagebox and leave the program open).

private void Form1_FormClosing(object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
    {
     if (MessageBox.Show("Are you sure you want to close the interface?", "Leave program? ", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo, MessageBoxIcon.Warning) == DialogResult.Yes)
      {
       System.IO.File.AppendAllText(errorlogpath, extmsg);
       Application.Exit();
      }
      else
      {
       return;
      }
    }

Now, I'm sure its something I am doing wrong (as this is the first time I have tried to amened this function), but if someone can help me with WHAT I have done wrong, that would be great :-)

Thanks

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• See the sample from Form.Closing Event
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:56 AM
  • Hi Castorix31,

thank you for pointing me to that.

That has now "fixed" the No button problem, but I still get the message box twice if I click yes (even if I put e.Cancel = false in.

private void Form1_FormClosing(object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
    {
     if (MessageBox.Show("Are you sure you want to close the interface?", "Leave program? ", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo, MessageBoxIcon.Warning) == DialogResult.Yes)
      {
       System.IO.File.AppendAllText(errorlogpath, extmsg);
       Application.Exit();
      }
      else
      {
        e.Cancel = true;
      }
    }

thanks

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:06 PM
  • Don't call