NFC & Sony RC-S380 - No Tag Detected Events

Question

• Building a retail kiosk using a modern app that needs NFC tag support.

I have the external Sony RC-S380 NFC reader/writer and it shows up on my laptop as a Proximity device.  Calling ProximityDevice.GetDefault(); returns the device, but the DeviceArrived event never fires when an NFC tag is tapped on the reader.

The native diagnostic tools show the reader is working properly and the tags are recognized. 

In the Windows System event log, there are a series of Error 610 events logged when a tag is tapped on the reader.  "

Any ideas?  Are there any other supported external readers?  I could not find any besides the Sony device.

Saturday, December 27, 2014 2:16 AM

Answers

• Anyway you are working with a specific device which is Sony RC-S380 NFC.

We can hardly reproduce the issue for you because I do not have such device off-hand and I would suggest you to contact the professional support or device vendor (SONY) to troubleshoot this issue.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi SpartyGuy,

Looks like if you can get the device by DetDefault(), you definitely can work together with Windows Store App by register a ProximityDevice.DeviceArrived | devicearrived event, however I'm not able to know what Error 610 means, any detail information you can share with us?

And what is your native diagnostic tool? How could it tell you the tags are recognized, is it possible that the device is used by your tool so that your app cannot get the correct information from device?

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, December 29, 2014 6:20 AM
  • Anyway you are working with a specific device which is Sony RC-S380 NFC.

We can hardly reproduce the issue for you because I do not have such device off-hand and I would suggest you to contact the professional support or device vendor (SONY) to troubleshoot this issue.

--James

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 9:44 AM