How to use azure Storage Sync group to sync on-premise File Server to azure IaaS VM folders RRS feed

• Question

• I want to found a solution of how to sync a on-premise server with two disks (Disk:C ,Disk:D) to an Azure IaaS Server folder, if you know something about it, please let me know.

For ex: On-premise Server A with Disk E and D.  Azure Storage Sync, Azure IaaS VM (Server B) Disk D have two Folders.

Server A  Disk D's (Share Folder d) ⇔ Azure Files ⇔ Azure IaaS VM Disk D →Folder "ServerA"→Directory "shareD"

Server A Disk E's (Share Folder e) ⇔Azure files ⇔ Azure IaaS VM Disk D →Folder "ServerA" →Directory "shareE".

Is it possible to achieve the goal with one Storage Sync Group.

Thanks so much.

Monday, May 13, 2019 4:36 AM

Answers

• Azure Storage Sync service synchronize the data from registered on-premise server to "Azure file share", which is not a disk attached to a VM. 

But you can map the azure file share to IaaS VM as mapped disk if needed. 

Monday, May 13, 2019 5:25 AM

All replies

• Azure Storage Sync service synchronize the data from registered on-premise server to "Azure file share", which is not a disk attached to a VM. 

But you can map the azure file share to IaaS VM as mapped disk if needed. 

Monday, May 13, 2019 5:25 AM
  • Thanks so much, I know that, what I want to say are the disks' share folders, not the disk. And I want to make sure if I can sync the different share folder within one Sync Group.
    Monday, May 13, 2019 5:42 AM
  • Thats possible, you can add a new Server Endpoint within the sync groups. 

Monday, May 13, 2019 7:57 AM
  • Even the same server?
    Monday, May 13, 2019 10:57 AM
  • Yes, possible. 
    Monday, May 13, 2019 12:37 PM
  • Let us know if the above reply was helpful. If so, please remember to mark as answer so that others in the community facing the same issue can more easily find a solution.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:04 AM
  • Last week i was facing the same problem and looking for the solution to add the multiple server endpoints to the Azure file sync from on-premise server. After following your recommendation i'm able to do it easily.

Thanks hari the steps which you have given helped me a lot.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:31 AM
  • So happy that, it helped you. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:16 AM