none
Problem NOTESSQL MSDASQL in SYSWOW64 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all people,

I have a similar problem already posted here to connect a Lotus Notes *.nsf database into a SQL SERVER Database through a SQL linked server and the NOTES SQL Driver 8.0 in 64 bits plateform environnement Windows 2008 R2.

We already use this connection since at least 3 years but only 32 bits plateform on windows 2003 : without problem.

We have decided to migrate SQL SERVER on a windows 2008 R2 and the problem is beginning...

Installed : Windows 2008 R2, SQL SERVER 2005 64 bits Ent, NOTESSQL V8.0 => OK

Configured : added C:\NOTESSQL\;C:\LOTUS\NOTES\ in set vars path => OK

Configured the "Lotus NotesSQL Authentication List Manager" => OK

After add a DSN in using the odbcad32 in c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe => OK

Then I Re-used my connections already exist in the old plateform, that I keept...

- Connection to AD => OK

- Connection to MySQL DB => OK

- Connection to SQL SERVER DB => OK

- Connection to NSF Notes DB => NON OK

> Error message :

"Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server [My linked server name]"

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application (.Net SqlClient Data Provider) (Microsoft SQL Server, Erreur : 7303)

If re-execute on the old plateform in 32 bits : it still works :-((

Thanks a lot for your helps and sorry if you mind this post should be post on a lotus forums but I need diffrents advices if possible :-)

Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:34 AM

All replies

• The problem is that you are creating a DSN for the 32-bit platform but SQL Server is apparently running 64-bit. I'm not a SQL Server expert but I would expect that a linked server in this environment would require a 64-bit DSN (ODBC driver) for Lotus Notes.

Once you have a 64-bit driver you can create a 64-bit DSN using the Data Sources (ODBC) applet under Administrative Tools in Control Panel, and use that to create the linked server for Lotus Notes.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, May 3, 2012 5:17 PM
  • Hello Paul and thanks for your post,

Your response seems logical but, for this moment I don't see in the lotus web site a 64 bits Notes SQL drivers and don't know a 64 bits Lotus Notes install to go to the chain end :-)...

Still the same thing when we have an information system in the same technology, like in my case but I don't must be the only one who connect nsf to sql database and so I wonder if I don't would have forget something in windows 64 bits with double 32/64 installation :-)

I continue to search...

Regards.

Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:07 PM
  • The following info may be helpful. It looks like there is a third-party solution (OpenLink) but I didn't see a 64-bit solution from IBM.

http://boards.openlinksw.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1811

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:57 PM
  • Thanks Paul for your second response,

I'm beginning to look this alternative solution and asked to the lotus forums too because it's their problem too

I would like to know if someone has the same issue and how he has solved this problem please ... :-)

Thanks a lot for your helps

Friday, May 4, 2012 9:39 AM