none
Alt Text Greyed RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Office 2013 and VS 2012.

I need to loop through a document and find various tables. I usually do this by going to table properties and setting the "Title" in the "Alt Text" tab.

I have just started a new project and I'm trying to set a table title, but the "Title" and "Description" fields are greyed/disabled. Why?

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:02 AM

Answers

• Usually, we use bookmarks. Select the table, then Insert/Bookmark. In your code, myTable=Document.Bookmarks("Name").range.Tables(1)

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:07 AM

All replies

• Is this a VSTO project, or something else (and if something else, what)?

Usually, the Title is only available for documents that are going to be saved as HTML, which is not possible for a VSTO document. So if you're working in the VSTO Designer, any inappropriate commands will not be available.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:36 PM
  • This is a simple desktop application that I need to produce Word documents from a template. Using the title was the only way I could find to mark a table so that I could programmatically find it later, and this has worked fine up until now.

Is there a correct way of "tagging" items in a word document so that they can be found?

• Edited by macowl Friday, August 30, 2013 2:48 AM
    Friday, August 30, 2013 2:48 AM
  • Usually, we use bookmarks. Select the table, then Insert/Bookmark. In your code, myTable=Document.Bookmarks("Name").range.Tables(1)

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:07 AM