none
Is any Problem with VS Pro 2013

Question

• Hi,

More recent times, I am having this problem with the Visual Studio 2013 Professional Edition.

1. I got the latest on the complete solution. But again and again it is getting the same files when i did the Get Latest on sol. again

2. I have multiple pro in a solution. Lets take project B has the reference of project A. Sometimes, project A's reference, is not referenced properly in the project B, and often lead to build failed. But when i have removed the reference A, in the project B, and when i have added it again, it is working fine.

3. I have checked in the complete solution. But on the other machine, it is showing build errors, because of my changes.

I got totally tucked up with this. Others are doing a strange look on me. :(

Is any one do facing the same problems?.

Thanks in advance.

NANDAKUMAR.T

Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:28 PM

Answers

• Hi NANDAKUMAR T,

>>I am using these variables in Project B. But after building the solution, the build error says, there is no such variables in the Pro A. Most of time I am facing this same problem.

Maybe you could share me a simple solution using one drive, I will debug it in my side.

As you said that it shared you the error "no such variables in the Project A", it means that the project A couldn't really recognize the updates in the project B which was added as the references.

Could you visit the output window after you rebuild the whole solution? Whether two projects build successfully or just one project?

(1) Please clean and rebuild the project B, and then compile your project A, how about the result?

Do you make sure that you add the correct dll file from the project B folder? Maybe you add the bin\release folder not the \debug folder or others. I mean that please check the modify time of this dll file after you re-build the project B, and make sure that it is updated, and then make sure that you add this dll file in the correct output folder from the project B.

(2) Please open the Configuration Manager window under Build menu, and make sure that all projects enable the "Build" option like the following screen shot.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 14, 2016 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi NANDAKUMAR.T,

>>1. I got the latest on the complete solution. But again and again it is getting the same files when i did the Get Latest on sol. again.

What does "get latest on SOL" mean? SOL is a version control tools or others?

>>Sometimes, project A's reference, is not referenced properly in the project B, and often lead to build failed.

What is the detailed build error in your side?

To make sure that whether it is the VS issue or the project issue, a simple idea is that you could create a simple app locally, and then build or debug it in your local machine, if other project works well, I mean that just the specific solution include project A and B has this issue, maybe we would think about the project itself or the VS settings.

Please share us the detailed build error, you could get more information from the Output or Error list window, maybe we could find more information.

For the project reference issue, we would make sure that whether it is related to the Windows version(64 bit or 32 bit), the .NET Framework version or the platform target(Any CPU/X86/X64) or others.

Of course, you could test it in other VS2013 PRO version, or you could share me a simple sample, I will debug it in my side using the same Environment as yours. Please also install the update 5 for the VS2013.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, March 11, 2016 7:41 AM
  • Hi Jack, Thanks for the reply. 1. Sol means, solution. I just written it simply. 2. For the Project Ref:- I just added some variables, in the Project A. I am using these variables in Project B. But after building the solution, the build error says, there is no such variables in the Pro A. Most of time I am facing this same problem. I will let u know, the other details. May I kindly know, why this occurs to me. Thanks in advance.

NANDAKUMAR.T

Friday, March 11, 2016 11:42 AM
  • Hi NANDAKUMAR T,

>>I am using these variables in Project B. But after building the solution, the build error says, there is no such variables in the Pro A. Most of time I am facing this same problem.

Maybe you could share me a simple solution using one drive, I will debug it in my side.

As you said that it shared you the error "no such variables in the Project A", it means that the project A couldn't really recognize the updates in the project B which was added as the references.

Could you visit the output window after you rebuild the whole solution? Whether two projects build successfully or just one project?

(1) Please clean and rebuild the project B, and then compile your project A, how about the result?

Do you make sure that you add the correct dll file from the project B folder? Maybe you add the bin\release folder not the \debug folder or others. I mean that please check the modify time of this dll file after you re-build the project B, and make sure that it is updated, and then make sure that you add this dll file in the correct output folder from the project B.

(2) Please open the Configuration Manager window under Build menu, and make sure that all projects enable the "Build" option like the following screen shot.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, March 14, 2016 7:53 AM