PowerPivot Not Installing Properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every one,
    I have installed the PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Add-in on my lab-top but crashed so I removed it from Excel 2010 and uninstalled it from windows (Windows 7). I re-install the PowerPivot again but it does not give me the PowerPivot tab and the add-in is found in the Inactive Add-in and on the Manage: Com Add-ins. I opened the Com Add-ins and checked the box for PowerPivot and click ok, the PowerPivot tab does not appear even when I restart Excel 2010 again.

The add-in is installed in the Inactive Add-in which could potentially be the problem but I do not know how to sort it out.
    Is there any one that can give me clue on how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks to all that continue to serve as help HashMan
    • Moved by Jie Bao Monday, January 16, 2012 5:48 AM (From:Windows Forms General)
    Friday, January 13, 2012 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Hashman,

After installing the PowerPivot for Excel add-in there are various things that you can to do attempt to debug the situation:

1. Ensure that you have the additional “Shared Features” option checked in your Office install options. We need this for VSTO support.
    2. Check to see whether or not the PowerPivot for Excel add-in is disabled. If disabled, enable it, steps are: Just select Disnabled Items, then click Go button, you will see the disnabled items.
    3. If you still cannot get a valid error message, please try this
      • Open My Computer Properties
      • Click on Advanced Tab
      • Click on the Environmental Variable
      • Click on New User Variable
      • Add VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS with value 0 press OK
      • Repair PowerPivot For Excel from add/remove program
      • Open Excel again, it will prompt an error message – that might lead you to a better understanding of the problem.

You can also click this link to get more reference about this same issue: http://powerpivotgeek.com/2010/05/12/powerpivot-for-excel-add-in-is-not-coming-up-in-excel/

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by HashMan19_11 Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:01 AM