frame element border RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am using a frame element to display html content.

The frame has a border around it (with a 3D look). How can I remove the border?

I tried:  BorderBrush="{x:Null}" BorderThickness="0",  But it does not help!

?

Sunday, July 22, 2007 5:32 PM

Answers

• This is a known issue with the IE 7 Web Browser control. Trying to set the border on the WPF Frame element is not going to help, since that element just wraps the native ActiveX control.

One workaround is to use the WinForms WebBrowser control (wrapped in a WindowsFormsHost element). It sets the DOCHOSTUIFLAG_NO3DOUTERBORDER flag for the native Web Browser control.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 6:54 PM

All replies

• This is a known issue with the IE 7 Web Browser control. Trying to set the border on the WPF Frame element is not going to help, since that element just wraps the native ActiveX control.

One workaround is to use the WinForms WebBrowser control (wrapped in a WindowsFormsHost element). It sets the DOCHOSTUIFLAG_NO3DOUTERBORDER flag for the native Web Browser control.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Is there any other workarounds for this known issue?  Is it possible to remove the border using managed Interop?

Friday, February 22, 2008 5:42 AM