none
VS2017 community: How do I create a custom tool box? RRS feed

• Question

• Students spend way too much time trying to find the basic tools used inteh course having to sift through what looks like 100 of them.

I would like to give them a tool box containing Button, PictureBox, ComboBox, TextBox, listbox etc.

I found  Tools/ Choose  Toolbox items and looked around but could not figure hot to make it work.  I just went back in and now I don't even see the options to select tools anymore.

Any guidance available here?

• Edited by carolBz Sunday, July 9, 2017 1:32 AM
    Sunday, July 9, 2017 12:03 AM

Answers

• Found an easier way. 

1. Right click at the top of the toolbox list, select Add Tab and name it.
    2. Go into the existing toolboxes and copy/paste tools into the new tool box.
    3. Drag and drop entries to the order you want.

• Marked as answer by carolBz Sunday, July 9, 2017 2:37 AM
    Sunday, July 9, 2017 2:36 AM

All replies

• You select a group in the toolbox e,g, containers or create a new one then right click and choose "Choose items"

Next dialog select browse and select your compiled DLL(s)

Press OK when done to see the new controls.

If you want to create a group for existing controls, follow the same logic but instead select them from ".NET Framework components"

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Sunday, July 9, 2017 1:10 AM
  • Found an easier way. 

1. Right click at the top of the toolbox list, select Add Tab and name it.
    2. Go into the existing toolboxes and copy/paste tools into the new tool box.
    3. Drag and drop entries to the order you want.

• Marked as answer by carolBz Sunday, July 9, 2017 2:37 AM
    Sunday, July 9, 2017 2:36 AM