Need help with my landing screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing a windows 8 app. I am new to XAML and have trouble get my head around all the examples out there on the www.

I need to get my homepage of my app going which i want to show a set of tiles. each tile needs to be clickable and will launch of to the same page but will pass in a different parameter.

The number of tiles and parameters associated are dynimcally determined at runtime, asynchronously.

Can someone help me with what xaml controls will be useful, how to bind with the dynamic list o objects i build.

code samples will be appreciated.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:29 AM

Answers

• Hi c.j.mcnaught,

"I need to get my homepage of my app going which i want to show a set of tiles. each tile needs to be clickable and will launch of to the same page but will pass in a different parameter."

-> Secondary tile might achieve a part of your idea, secondary tiles enable users to promote specific content and deep links - a reference to a specific location inside of the pinning app. But secondary tile can only be pinned by user but not programmatically without user approval. Read this: Secondary tiles overview.

But to pass the value from outside start screen to the app I don't think it would be possible.

"Can someone help me with what xaml controls will be useful, how to bind with the dynamic list o objects i build."

->  Quickstart: Data binding to controls might be a good start for you.

Hope the stuff I suggest can help you and best regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, October 11, 2013 2:36 AM