My Money 0.0 RRS feed

• Question

• My applicaton named MyGoogleMaps  in store having link:

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=a29afb87-d6bc-4991-9ab2-6822cbd36f3b

This application have been downloaded by more than 245 users. So i have reached the threshold of 200$. But my money is still 0.0. "Total proceeds" for the selected month shows "No Data available for selected Period". 

Sir I've done a lot of work for my applications. I want to have my first payout for the month of september.
    My Publisher GUID is:
    098e6157-4b6d-43b6-8c6e-0b9a4502b2c4

Kindly respond as early as possible. I want to payout asap.

• Edited by AmanGarg Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:20 PM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:45 AM

Answers

• Hi everyone,

I can understand the confusion and frustration regarding this issue.  Although your download numbers may indicate that you've reached the threshold ($200 USD net sales), Microsoft only pays on settled transactions.  Some transactions can take up to 120 days to settle depending on how the apps is purchased (credit card vs. Mobile Operator (MO) billing).  

Thanks,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support 

• Marked as answer by Paul H Friday, October 19, 2012 5:21 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 5:21 AM

All replies

• Personally I think it's absurd that they charge 100$ a year and don't even show how much you've earned. They only show how much they pay you. It's unfair and borderline unethical. You must show how much the developer has earned everyday. It's the least you should do, Microsoft.
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:20 PM
  • do you have any update on this?

I have some apps and still my money is 0.0 too.

christian strevel - software craftsman - intellekt

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:53 PM
  • You're paying $100 per year for the time and man hours it takes to deal with your submissions and manage your account. Employees must be paid for their work, too.

This has been explained before but payments can take weeks or more to process. Some users have a credit card on file. Some users pay through their mobile provider. None of this happens instantly and MS cannot report it to you until it's actually complete.

If you want to see what you've made on an hour-by-hour basis, make your apps free and put ads in them. You might find you make more money that way, and you can watch your revenue change by the hour.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:54 PM
  • Don't be absurd.

This is all automated and not done by hand. We don't live in the 80's anymore and there are many many other vendors out there charging less and providing this basic info.

You should be able to see at the end of each month how much money you have before adjustments.

Friday, October 12, 2012 12:10 PM
  • The certification process step is done manually. Submissions go into a queue and actual human beings test your app to make sure it meets requirements. For example, only a human being would know if you first asked the user to confirm their age before entering online chat. Or, how would an automated process know that when the user presses the back button, your app acted properly?

These things are all tested manually, which is why the certification step of the submission takes 5 days or more.

Friday, October 12, 2012 3:13 PM
  • We are not asking about testing. We are asking about data about applications sold.

Back in 2001, Emetrix, regnow and other vendors who sold software on behalf of developers provided this info.

Pubcenter provides up to date realtime information on how much money you made through clicks, and their system is far more complicated than Market Place. Pubcenter provides this data.

Adduplex shows this data too.

Marketplace does not. why is that?

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:15 PM
  • Ad revenue is based on money that has already been received by the publisher (MS, AdDuplex, etc). You are displaying an ad that has already been paid for. There is no payment to process after the fact. As a result, you can see your revenue instantly.

By contrast, purchasing a game in the marketplace starts the payment process. If a U.S. credit card was the only way they accepted a payment, you might be able to see your sales sooner. However, additionally allowing users to pay through their mobile providers and across multiple countries means there is going to be a delay in the time it takes to process the payment. If they instantly reported the possible-sale to you the moment it happened, it would cause even more upheaval and negative reaction when you saw that some payments were canceled, did not go through, took a month to process, and then had to be removed. This is not unique to Microsoft.

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:28 PM
  • I think AmanGarg has a very valid complaint here. The problem is not really that a treshold exists and that you have to wait for some time for payment, but that it is completely unclear how close you are to reaching this treshold.

I, for example, now have close to 450 apps sold for .99cents each. But I still see 0.0 on my money report, whereas I think I should have reached the treshold somewhere in July already. I even submitted a friendly support ticket with the request to clarify this a bit. Only answer I got is the standard answer that I would be included in the payout when I would reach the USD200 treshold. No extra info whatsoever. So developers are really completely left in the dark here. Quite frustrating!

And for the advertisement suggestion: I did and for me the money between ads vs sales is close to 50/50. With one big difference: I have extremely detailed insight in the money I make from ads and have been receiving payments for several months already.

• Edited by remcos2 Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:46 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:44 AM
  • Hi everyone,

I can understand the confusion and frustration regarding this issue.  Although your download numbers may indicate that you've reached the threshold ($200 USD net sales), Microsoft only pays on settled transactions.  Some transactions can take up to 120 days to settle depending on how the apps is purchased (credit card vs. Mobile Operator (MO) billing).  

Thanks,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support 

• Marked as answer by Paul H Friday, October 19, 2012 5:21 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 5:21 AM