cannot play .swf RRS feed

• Question

• gud day,

i have juz installed a flash player 7 for pocket pc on my device. i'm into using odyssey.cfcom.dll.. when i try to open the file it doesn't display the .swf file that i wanted to play. this is my code.

flashPlayer.Invoke("Movie", InvokeFlags.SetProperty, @"\Program files\m-firstaid\M-FirstAid.swf");

when i locate the file itself in the directory. and try to open the file manually it throws an error "There is no applcation associated with "M-FirstAid."

this error is being thrown if there is no application installed on the device that will open the file, it quite awkward knowing i installed the flashplayer7ppc in my device....

any ideas why this occur??
    Friday, September 4, 2009 3:53 AM

Answers

• i was able to play .swf file but i created my own player using odyssey.cfcom... the flashplayer 7 is only an activex and not a flash player.. so you should have a player on your device in order to play a .swf.
    • Marked as answer by jihmantiquilla Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:19 AM
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you open the .SWF file using Flash Player 7, by opening the file via the player?

Thanks

Paul Diston
    http://www.smartmobiledevice.co.uk/
    Friday, September 4, 2009 7:04 AM
  • This is something awkward. when i try to browse the flashplayer and open it. it says the same error. "There is no application associated with "flash". it thought that by uninstalling and reinstaling the flash player would fix the problem. but still with the same error occur when opening the .swf.
    Friday, September 4, 2009 7:49 AM
  • Hi,

if you click on this Program files\m-firstaid\M-FirstAid.swf, Is it opened directly?

If yes, Simply try this line

System.Diagnostics.

Process.Start(@"\Program files\m-firstaid\M-FirstAid.swf");

or

System.Diagnostics.

Process.Start("ur flash application exe path", "file name path");

Please let me know what it happens, after using this line.

Also check this link, it may help you:

http://blogs.msdn.com/iemobile/

Regards,
    Malleswar

Friday, September 4, 2009 8:53 AM
  • thanks for the replies. i couldn't open the file manually. i tried to locate the flash 7 that i installed on my device. and found it at the windows directory. when i tried to open the macromedia folder it has a single flash file. and when i try to open it it throws an error "There is no associated file to open "flash"" 
    Friday, September 4, 2009 4:43 PM
  • as what i see with regards to flash 7 in ppc. it is not a application  that will let you open the player. its only an activex that will let you play a .swf file. but still i can't open the .swf file. i set the properties of the .swf file to read only to check if anything would happen. still the same..
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:36 AM
  • i was able to play .swf file but i created my own player using odyssey.cfcom... the flashplayer 7 is only an activex and not a flash player.. so you should have a player on your device in order to play a .swf.
    • Marked as answer by jihmantiquilla Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:19 AM
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:19 AM