Maximum number of live tiles per size?

Question

• Is there a maximum of live tiles per tile size or overall?
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:45 PM

Answers

• You'll have to be clearer about exactly what you're trying to do. Are you trying to set up a notification queue so a single tile will flip through several variations? Or are you trying to pin multiple secondary tiles?

Can you share a minimal sample demonstrating your code, repro steps, and an explanation of how the actual behavour differs from the expected behaviour?

Either way, a single tile update should include all of the sizes in its package. You would have separate updates for different tiles (whether those be different tile updates queued onto the same tile or onto separately pinned tiles).

See Creating tiles and badges for overviews and quickstarts.

There are currently four tile sizes for Windows and three for Windows Phone (see Tile and toast visual assets )

Friday, February 20, 2015 12:35 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Do you mean with the notification queue? You can have 5 notifications in the notification queue

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:48 PM
  • Why do you ask. What scenario are you trying to achieve?

There isn't an explicit limit. As an experiment, see how many IE tiles you can create.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:48 PM
    Owner
  • Why do you ask. What scenario are you trying to achieve?

There isn't an explicit limit. As an experiment, see how many IE tiles you can create.

I have a word processor app. A new feature I'm trying to add is recent documents displaying in the live tiles.

Every time the user saves a document or opens a document, the tiles update. 

There are 3 sizes available for live tiles, yes?  Medium, wide, and large.  I'm trying to have 3 medium live tiles, 3 wide, and 3 large.  But the large only displays 1 live tile.

ADded by edit.

Can I put all 12 tiles (3 sizes, 4 tiles each) in the same list?

• Edited by RandyPete Thursday, February 19, 2015 5:23 PM
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 5:10 PM
  • You'll have to be clearer about exactly what you're trying to do. Are you trying to set up a notification queue so a single tile will flip through several variations? Or are you trying to pin multiple secondary tiles?

Can you share a minimal sample demonstrating your code, repro steps, and an explanation of how the actual behavour differs from the expected behaviour?

Either way, a single tile update should include all of the sizes in its package. You would have separate updates for different tiles (whether those be different tile updates queued onto the same tile or onto separately pinned tiles).

See Creating tiles and badges for overviews and quickstarts.

There are currently four tile sizes for Windows and three for Windows Phone (see Tile and toast visual assets )

Friday, February 20, 2015 12:35 AM
    Owner