none
how to add two physcial locations to one receive port to pick up the flatfile

Question

• Hi,

i have a probelm i want to add two locations address in biztalk to  pick the flat file to process the order, if i drop a file any one of the this location, biztalk has to pick this file from that location and process that file, 

so i want to know is there any possibility to add two locations to one Receive port in biztalk

Sunday, May 28, 2017 6:01 AM

Answers

• Hi peter,

Thank you for answer,

I have two doubts on receive locations

1) can we add two physcial location address(url) to one receive location 

2) is there any way  that biztalk pick the file from a location which is not mentioned in Receive locations

Receive port are logical containers for Receive Locations. Receive location is where you specify the details about the transport to be used, the exact address where the message is to be received and other properties specific to that particular transport type.

Read this MSDN post from more details which clarify the existence of a Receive Port and Receive locations.

Answer to 1- No you cannot add two physical location address to one receive location. Also you cannot have multiple receive locations polling to same location. Admin console would not allow you to create multiple receive locations point to same path.

Answer to 2- No, each receive location will poll/listen to the address specified on the receive location.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Sunday, May 28, 2017 11:13 PM

All replies

• You can add several receive locations to one receive port
    The flatfile pipeline is added to the receive location the map can be added to the receive port

hth  /Peter

Sunday, May 28, 2017 6:17 AM
  • Hi peter,

Thank you for answer,

2) is there any way  that biztalk pick the file from a location which is not mentioned in Receive locations

Sunday, May 28, 2017 6:52 AM
  • One physical address/uri on one receive location
    In BizTalk you can create as many receive locations as you like pr receive port and thus pick files from different physical locations

BizTalk will only pick files which fits the rule applied (uri + file mask)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa578407.aspx

hth  /Peter

Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:14 AM
  • Hello Ravinder,

It is always possible to n receive locations to the defined receive location. Biztalk generally picks the file from the location(URI) using file mask property in the receive location. If the file mask is * it will accept files with any extension. Basically you can add two receive locations with one as flatfile1.txt and other as flatfile2.txt.

Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:58 AM
  • Hi peter,

Thank you for answer,

Receive port are logical containers for Receive Locations. Receive location is where you specify the details about the transport to be used, the exact address where the message is to be received and other properties specific to that particular transport type.

Read this MSDN post from more details which clarify the existence of a Receive Port and Receive locations.

Answer to 1- No you cannot add two physical location address to one receive location. Also you cannot have multiple receive locations polling to same location. Admin console would not allow you to create multiple receive locations point to same path.

Answer to 2- No, each receive location will poll/listen to the address specified on the receive location.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Sunday, May 28, 2017 11:13 PM
  • Thank you so much guys for your answers
    Monday, May 29, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Thanks Rachit, your answer cleared my doubt's .

can you please answered to my below question also please.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/08263681-897c-4b20-8872-8fc892249389/how-to-create-one-pipeline-for-3-flat-files?forum=biztalkgeneral 

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:15 AM