none
Incorrect display of last line in table row cell RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report that has a cell that when it ends up being too long (too many lines to be displayed) and the table header is not printed on the first instance of the page/screen for the display of the row, and the last line of the row does not fit on the screen, then on the next page/screen the first line of the cell is displayed instead of the last line of the cell.  (Also all the other cells in that row also display the first line again). 

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Ccopple,

From your description, do you mean the first row is displayed in the second page instead of the last row? As this scenario is unusual, could you please post your report file, dataset structure and sample data to the E-mail address below. Then I will try to reproduce and fix this problem.

E-mail: sqltnsp AT Microsoft.com (Please replace AT with @)

Thanks,

Tony Chain
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:51 AM
  • Hi Ccopple,

Sorry for delay.

According to the PDF, I could reproduce the scenario you posted.  When export to PDF, if one record contains too many lines to the remaining page space, this record will be displayed from the next page without the table header.

Personally, I agree it is not appropriate. So I would suggest you submit this issue at https://connect.microsoft.com/. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

We appreciate your understanding. If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Tony Chain

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:24 AM