PushNotificationChannelManager.CreatePushNotificationChannelForApplicationAsync Timing Out

Question

• Hi there,

All of a sudden my calls to PushNotificationChannelManager.CreatePushNotificationChannelForApplicationAsync are timing out.

Any idea what would cause this to stop working?  It's being called upon navigation to my main page and the routine is in the app code.

It has been working fine up to this evening but not sure why it's now failing.

Thanks in advance.

Somewhere out there...

Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:32 PM

Answers

• I've resolved it but not entirely clear why it happened.  Basically I had made a checkpoint on the emulator, I deleted it and restored the default checkpoint and it works great again now.

Somewhere out there...

Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:06 PM

All replies

• I've resolved it but not entirely clear why it happened.  Basically I had made a checkpoint on the emulator, I deleted it and restored the default checkpoint and it works great again now.

Somewhere out there...

Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:06 PM
  • Hi Firkinfedup,

Well, at least you resolve the problem. There must be something wrong with the Visual Studio temporary file but I cannot be that sure, perhaps something lock the key resource.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 15, 2014 10:11 AM