none
Javascipt API: Have Excel Ignore Changes Made By App For Undo/Redo Queue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing an app for Excel 2013. I have a binding, and I have an event tied to when text is updated in the binder. Text being updated fires the event which updates my sidebar app. This update causes my app to update a hidden column of 1s and 0s to control my conditional formatting, to highlight and unhighlight rows.

The problem that I'm running into though, is that I have lost the ability to use the Undo command. When I update a cell, the app instantly updates the conditional highlighting control column. I then can't update the change that I made in the first place. If there a way to have excel ignore the change that my app made, in terms of the Undo/Redo queue?

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Andy Mercer,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

According to the description, when you use apps for Office update the data in Excel, it break the undo stack. I could reproduce the issue too and I am not able do find a workaround for this issue.

I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below if you want to Excel ignore the changes in undo stack:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Andy Mercer Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy Mercer,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

According to the description, when you use apps for Office update the data in Excel, it break the undo stack. I could reproduce the issue too and I am not able do find a workaround for this issue.

I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below if you want to Excel ignore the changes in undo stack:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Andy Mercer Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:40 AM
  • Thanks for the answer, Fei. I've posted it here:

https://officespdev.uservoice.com/forums/224641-general/suggestions/6962932-remove-changes-made-by-the-javascript-api-for-offi

In case you'd like to vote for it.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:51 PM