none
PowerPoint 2010: Determin if new presentation is changed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my addin for PowerPoint 2010, I check Presentation.Saved to see if any changes are made. This works well in with one exception.

If the presentation is new and not yet saved, the property Saved is msoFalse even though no changes are made. More so, just by reading the property Saved, not setting it, the presentation is belived to be changed. If closing the new presentation without doing any changes, PowerPoint asks if the presentation should be saved, which is a bit annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestion how to handle this?

Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:30 PM

Answers

• Hi SteffenAd,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

You can distinguish newly created presentation from the others by reading it's Presentation.Path Property (PowerPoint), since the value will be empty if the presentation is new.

Once a presentation is been detected as new presentation, you can determine whether it has been changed by counting the slides it's containing and reading the content of the first slide. This might take lines of code, but I believe this can be done.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 3, 2013 4:13 AM

All replies

• Hi SteffenAd,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

You can distinguish newly created presentation from the others by reading it's Presentation.Path Property (PowerPoint), since the value will be empty if the presentation is new.

Once a presentation is been detected as new presentation, you can determine whether it has been changed by counting the slides it's containing and reading the content of the first slide. This might take lines of code, but I believe this can be done.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 3, 2013 4:13 AM
  • Hi Quist Zhang,

Thank you very much!

I will try that approach.

Regards

Saturday, May 4, 2013 5:01 AM