none
Receive Location pointing to a shared Path is getting Disabled for a File adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Earlier this receive location was working absolutely fine. Yesterday it got disabled by its own and not getting enabled.

The receive location "abc.FILE" with URL "\\abc\xyz*.xml" is shutting down. Details:"The Messaging Engine failed while notifying an adapter of its configuration. ".

The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "abc.FILE" with URL "\\abc\xyz*.xml" to the adapter "FILE". Reason: "The FILE adapter cannot access the folder \\abc\.
     Verify this folder exists.
     Error: The network path was not found.
     ".

I researched on the web and found this article : To increase  MaxCmds and MaxMpxCt. in registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810886/en-us

This issue is happening in Production and cannot restart it. Moreover I am not sure if it will resolve the issue. So my managers want me to solve the issue without making any registry change and restart (issue is urgent).

Is there any other way to resolve the issue.

BizTalk Host has full control over the shared path. Does removing the access and again giving full rights to BizTalk host on the shared path makes any sense??

Please Help. Thanks.

Vikings

Thursday, November 24, 2011 5:44 AM

Answers

• Dear All,

Thanks for all your responses.

I could resolve the error by giving full qualified name to shared path as \\abc.def.net\xyz*.xml

However I am still unsure why before it was working with \\abc\ and it stopped working and now need fully qualified name of server.

Can any one please throw some light on this behaviour?

Thanks,

Vikings

• Edited by vikingss Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by vikingss Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:08 AM

All replies

• From the error:

"The FILE adapter cannot access the folder \\abc\.
     Verify this folder exists.
     Error: The network path was not found."

From this error it seems that there is a network failure which result in disabling of this port. Can you access this network share from this machine?

First try to access this network path from this machine when this become accessible then try to enable the receive location.

Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

At first try to access the network path from the machine where BizTalk is running. If it is not OK then there should be some problem with the BizTalk. If feasible you can try restarting the BizTalk host instance on which this file adapter is running.

Rgds,

Abhijit

Abhijit Mahato - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 - MCTS BizTalk Server blog: http://abhijitmahato.wordpress.com/ Please "Mark as Answer" if Post has Answered the Question
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:19 AM
  • #1 Try to map the shared folder on your computer. My Computer -> Map Drive, use the credentials of the BizTalk Host. Go to next step if this is ok.

#2 From the BizTalk Server trying pinging abc server. Open command prompt -> ping abc, if you cannot ping it by servername try by IP Address. If you can ping it by IP Address you can edit the host file in <windows>\system32\drivers\etc. Add a new entry abc then type the IP.

Randy Aldrich Paulo

MCTS(BizTalk 2010/2006,WCF NET4.0), MCPD | My Blog

BizTalk Message Archiving - SQL and File
    • Edited by Randy Paulo Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:45 AM
    • Proposed as answer by TorbenChrona Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:12 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:44 AM
  • Dear All,

Thanks for all your responses.

I could resolve the error by giving full qualified name to shared path as \\abc.def.net\xyz*.xml

However I am still unsure why before it was working with \\abc\ and it stopped working and now need fully qualified name of server.

Can any one please throw some light on this behaviour?

Thanks,

Vikings

• Edited by vikingss Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by vikingss Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:08 AM