Constraints in SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi again!!!

This time I have problems with constraints!!

Part of my flow is going on a different path at one point to import an Excel .xls file or .xlsx file into SQL table, depending on what the user is selecting. Then the process continues the same way until the end.

My problem is with the constraint on both sides that point to the next common task.  For some reason, the execution just stops...

The debug output is showing that the package finished successfully as if it was the end!

SSIS package "Load CriticalAndSRP.dtsx" starting.
    Information: 0x4004300A at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, SSIS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.
    Warning: 0x802092A7 at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, Destination - tblStagingCriticalSRP [17]: Truncation may occur due to inserting data from data flow column "ENT-ID" with a length of 255 to database column "OperatingEntityNumber" with a length of 9.
    Warning: 0x80049304 at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, SSIS.Pipeline: Warning: Could not open global shared memory to communicate with performance DLL; data flow performance counters are not available.  To resolve, run this package as an administrator, or on the system's console.
    Information: 0x40043006 at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, SSIS.Pipeline: Prepare for Execute phase is beginning.
    Information: 0x40043007 at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, SSIS.Pipeline: Pre-Execute phase is beginning.
    Information: 0x4004300C at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, SSIS.Pipeline: Execute phase is beginning.
    Information: 0x402090DF at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, Destination - tblStagingCriticalSRP [17]: The final commit for the data insertion in "component "Destination - tblStagingCriticalSRP" (17)" has started.
    Information: 0x402090E0 at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, Destination - tblStagingCriticalSRP [17]: The final commit for the data insertion  in "component "Destination - tblStagingCriticalSRP" (17)" has ended.
    Information: 0x40043008 at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, SSIS.Pipeline: Post Execute phase is beginning.
    Information: 0x4004300B at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, SSIS.Pipeline: "component "Destination - tblStagingCriticalSRP" (17)" wrote 18 rows.
    Information: 0x40043009 at Load XLSX Data into StagingTable, SSIS.Pipeline: Cleanup phase is beginning.
    SSIS package "Load CriticalAndSRP.dtsx" finished: Success.

However, if I remove the same constraint on the other side, it's working!!!

Constraints:

Any idea why?

Mylene Chalut

Monday, July 18, 2016 8:07 PM

Answers

• As long as it's only one or the other, you need to change the links going in to "Process Data" to an "OR" (your bottom screenshot - "Logical OR").

• Proposed as answer by Seif Wang Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by MyleneC Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:54 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Mylene,

you cannot have both green constraints getting out of a task/component.

It needs to be conditional with mutually exclusive conditions.

Please refer yourself to https://www.simple-talk.com/sql/ssis/working-with-precedence-constraints-in-sql-server-integration-services/

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

• Edited by ArthurZ Monday, July 18, 2016 9:03 PM added link to reference
    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:02 PM
  • As long as it's only one or the other, you need to change the links going in to "Process Data" to an "OR" (your bottom screenshot - "Logical OR").

• Marked as answer by MyleneC Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:54 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:45 PM
  • Yes I know that...  and that's what I did...

Mylene Chalut

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:54 AM
  • YES!!!! That simple!!! Thanks a lot :-)

Mylene Chalut

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:54 AM