none
SharePoint 2013 - Get List Name from a Calculated Column or Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm working in SharePoint 2013 and I'm trying to get the list name from a calculated column or a workflow.  Has anyone else ever done this and if so then please provide guidance and code examples.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Molskow - Senior SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 and 2012 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 6:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

We can firstly get Current Item URL Path and then substring the path to get the list name like below:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Tom Molskow Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:13 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Use the set variable action and then assign the variable with Workflow context - List Name

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

We can firstly get Current Item URL Path and then substring the path to get the list name like below:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Great answer! One problem, the lists name lengths vary, so I guess I'm stuck doing a different variable length for each list - know anyway around that problem?

Tom Molskow - Senior SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 and 2012 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy

Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:55 PM
  • Use the set variable action and then assign the variable with Workflow context - List Name

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:36 PM