Integration with Contacts ("people app") not working in Windows 10?

Question

• I haven't actually tried Windows 10 beta yet. I got an e-mail from one of my users who is trying to run my app on Windows 10.  From what they're suggesting so far (not 100% sure) the integration with contacts, that is-- the People app -- doesn't seems to be working. The people app is there, but the integration does not seem to work.

I'm still conversing with the user, but i'm trying to tell them that Windows 10 is a test/beta operating system and may have issues.

Do I have to install Windows 10 beta to troubleshoot this or can anyone tell me about known issues on Windows 10 with contacts integration?

-Rob

p.s. the app is fMail for Windows Store and has a free trial if someone wants to test

-Rob

• Edited by Rob Wilkens Monday, March 16, 2015 11:19 AM
    Monday, March 16, 2015 11:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Rob, Windows 10 is still under testing and evaluation so for sure it's buggy, I would recommend to submit this feedback to the feedback application in Windows 10.

Also i tried the integration and it's work fine with me, but it some times crashed.

Please submit your feedback t the feedback app in windows 10. 

--->vote to the answer if it help

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Rob, Windows 10 is still under testing and evaluation so for sure it's buggy, I would recommend to submit this feedback to the feedback application in Windows 10.

Also i tried the integration and it's work fine with me, but it some times crashed.

Please submit your feedback t the feedback app in windows 10. 

--->vote to the answer if it help

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:25 PM
  • The above answer is correct. We're not supporting development for Windows 10 just yet.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:34 PM
  • Thanks, helpful answer but I don't "have" windows 10 yet, so I can't use the feedback.

I suppose I need to evaluate this myself, I'm in the processing of downloading Windows 10 technical preview from MSDN now.  I hate to trash one of my working systems to install a preview version that i'll have to once again erase after the preview is over.  Maybe I can repartition a drive and parallel install it or something.

-Rob

-Rob

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:39 PM
  • You can run it in a VM without affecting your host OS. VMs are great for testing!
    Monday, March 16, 2015 3:06 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Mr. Caplan,

I received your message about 30 minutes too late, I had already started the install on a spare desktop partition (which I am using now). 

I will try VirtualBox next (which I have installed already on my laptop).  I never know where to start with Hyper-V or whatever it's called, and virtualbox is usually straightforward.

Only complaint right now is even at 1920x1080 (which I had to select manually) the desktop is 'boxed in' on my monitor. I am running Windows update now, and suspect the video driver updates included will fix this.

-Rob

p.s. My app seems to work "great" on windows 10 (quotes, because it didn't work that great to begin with, but as much as it worked...).  I want to enhance it now that I see it can be run Windowed in the new operating system, but I guess I have to wait for official support for writing apps (?) to start customizing for the technical preview.

-Rob

Monday, March 16, 2015 4:51 PM