none
Pairwise Number RRS feed

• Question

• Bingo question - I have a list of 15 numbers  1 to 15     I need 5 of them in order and a serial number to generate them to check them.

one set is 90057  the number in order chosen is (2, 14,10, 6, 3)

I know some of the method to do this using Prime number for the combinations.   The prime of choice is 3001   for the number combinations   and 113 for the   using a pairwise combo to make the tables.  I know the actual choices for 3001 and 113 could be a little higher but that would throw off the whole prime number thing.

i.e.  

1 2 3 4 5

6 2 3 4 5

and so one

the formula to get the row to use is  for the numbers is

1 + (k-1) mod 3001         

and for the order

1 +(k-1) mod 113

What has me stumped is how to create the table to find the correct rows I need. How are pairwise tables generated?  

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi

What .........................?

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:41 PM
  • I know it's a bit complicated to explain,  

Simple bingo,  you have a card with a serial number on it,  that serial number represents your card's numbers that are calculated using a set of primes, and permutation tables, based on the numbers 1-15 

I'm coming closer to figuring it out...   I hope..

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 3:45 PM
  • I know it's a bit complicated to explain,  

Simple bingo,  you have a card with a serial number on it,  that serial number represents your card's numbers that are calculated using a set of primes, and permutation tables, based on the numbers 1-15 

I'm coming closer to figuring it out...   I hope..

Hi

Slightly better explanation, but, if you want help with it you will need to supply a set of examples showing calculations needed for each stage. And, the table mentioned.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 4:03 PM
  • If I knew all that I could do it myself.. How the table is calculated is my issue..

key 91557  the is for order and set of 11, 9, 1, 2, 14

key 93057 for 2, 3, 13,14, 9

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:34 PM
  • If I knew all that I could do it myself.. How the table is calculated is my issue..

key 91557  the is for order and set of 11, 9, 1, 2, 14

key 93057 for 2, 3, 13,14, 9

Hi

Explain how you know that those numbers are derived from those keys please.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:14 PM
  • It's a given card number with those numbers printed, a machine can take that number and display the card. and I did some research to find a hint at how it was done, now I want to be able to take the numbers and duplicate the results.

My first thing is to find the table with row #27 that has those numbers of the first set listed in the original program. What I don't know is what the standard is for making a table with 15 entries, select 5 of them at a time and generate the whole table of numbers.  that being said I think I have an idea...  bbl.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:53 PM
  • It's a given card number with those numbers printed, a machine can take that number and display the card. and I did some research to find a hint at how it was done, now I want to be able to take the numbers and duplicate the results.

You can't deduce the table from a few examples.  If you could do that then the whole security system of the cards would be compromised.  That's why they do it like that.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:26 PM
  • the table is a math matrix of permutations,  and you can I'm not a math major that know math standards to create the tables from know that standard  methods.. I think I got it licked, though, thanks for the input.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:26 PM
  • the table is a math matrix of permutations,  and you can I'm not a math major that know math standards to create the tables from know that standard  methods.. I think I got it licked, though, thanks for the input.

Hi George,

Do you have solution about your issue? If yes, please remember to close your thread by marking the helpful post as answer, it is beneficial to other community members who face the same issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 18, 2017 9:20 AM