How to publish VB.NET Project on the web RRS feed

• Question

• User-878761866 posted

I have a VB .NET project which is coded by Visual Studio 2008. I tried to publish the application to the web through FTP, but it didn't work properly.

I have a domain and set the server. So, I have an address already. I created a folder and I clicked the publish menu on Build to store the files on the folder.

I checked all the files that are required on the folder. I copied everything into FTP folder and accessed to the address.

But, there was an error like below...

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Login.aspx.vb" Inherits="UserControlHW6._Default" %>
    -^

I researched about the issue, but I didn't get the answers. It seems that I need to change Web.Config, but I'm not sure what I need to change.

VS 2008 is Framework 2.0, but I don't think that the version is not matter. I tried to access on other browsers, and something is shown HTML code or another is shown on the contents, but not properly working. Some buttons were missing.

Please provide the solutions how to do it. Thank you.

Friday, August 19, 2016 3:47 AM

All replies

• User-1315512054 posted

Hello,

You could check at http://forums.asp.net/t/1353799.aspx?XML+Parsing+Error+not+well+formed.

Regards

Friday, August 19, 2016 5:10 AM
  • User-878761866 posted

Hi,

I tried to change the page header, but it didn't work. On the first page, I have textboxes and buttons, but it isn't appeared by IE.

Some contents are visible, but textboxes and buttons are not visible. I created .aspx and called the controls from .ascx file on Controls folder.

So, I got the message like below.

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Login.aspx.vb" Inherits="UserControlHW6._Default" Title="Page Title" %>< %@ Register src="JKimProject/Controls/LoginForm.ascx" tagname="LoginForm" tagprefix="uc1" %>

Are there any solutions regarding this issue?

Friday, August 19, 2016 6:40 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Login.aspx.vb" Inherits="UserControlHW6._Default" %>
    -^

According to the error message, you need register ASP.NET applications with Internet Information Services (IIS).

aspnet_regiis

Regards,

Angie

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:16 AM
  • User-878761866 posted

The project was created by Visual Studio 2008, and currently, Visual Studio 2013 was installed with VS 2008.

So, there are several different version of .net frameworks that are installed. I'm wondering whether the older version doesn't work if the recent version is installed.

I used IIS manager and registered new website to the hosting web address. But, I still see the message of parsing errors on Internet Explorer.

Do I need to do something particular?

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:13 AM
  • User379720387 posted

Have you considered using Web Deploy?

Thursday, September 1, 2016 10:47 AM
  • User-878761866 posted

I have tried to deploy the project on the web. I had my own domain, so I put all the files in the domain folder through FTP.

The project was created by Visual Studio 2008, and I guess the version of the framework is 2.0.

I used Web Deploy and got the files. I accessed to the web site after I transferred the files, but the contents are not visible.

Only Internet Explorer is shown the contents, but buttons are not visible with the message of parsing errors. Other browsers are shown either the codes or the errors.

I registered for the project to the IIS pointing the domain address, but the error message was still shown on the browser.

I have no idea how to solve it.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 11:34 AM