Lightswitch Bing Map Control for Chinese Language RRS feed

• Question

• I am using lightswitch.bing-maps.js to display maps in LS. My experience is that it doesn't show maps in Chinese. What is the best approach to incorporate Chinese and other languages into one lightswitch.bing-maps.js ?

Frank

Monday, October 7, 2013 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hi TChiang

Thanks for your feedback.

For this bing maps issue, it's recommended to get help from Microsoft Bing Map forum directly, I think you can get help and precise troubleshooting there.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:56 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:20 AM

All replies

• Hi TChiang

We can use lightswitch.bing-maps.js to creating a LightSwitch Client for Mobile Users. According to current information, I don't find relevant introduction to incorporate Chinese and other languages into one lightswitch.bing-maps.js. 

Generally if we want to develop Bing maps include Chinese,  we can use the culture codes supported by the Bing Maps REST Services APIs including Chinese,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh441729.aspx

You can use these Bing tutorials to develop Chinese bing map,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/zh-cn/library/bb429619.aspx

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:33 AM
  • Hi Angie,

Thanks for the reply. My understanding was that there is a different set of APIs for Chinese map. But the first link shows that Chinese Culture is supported in the 'normal' Bing Maps REST service and the second link is in Chinese

Bing Maps 地图控件 SDK 6.2
    不再支持该地图控件

Basically it says the Chinese version is no longer supported.

If these are valid, does it mean the normal Bing Maps REST service will work for Chinese? Then when I use the lightswitch.bing-maps.js it should automatically display Chinese map if I select Chinese as the browser language, just like when I select French? But it doesn't. So I am kind of loss as to what I should do.

Frank

Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:08 PM
  • Hi TChiang

Thanks for your feedback.

For this bing maps issue, it's recommended to get help from Microsoft Bing Map forum directly, I think you can get help and precise troubleshooting there.

Regards

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:56 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:20 AM
    • Now, for JavaScript you can use this:  import javascript from
    • <pre>
    • ..../ecn.dev.virtualearth.net/mapcontrol/mapcontrol.ashx?v=7.0&mkt=zh-cn
    • </pre>

add http: to url

Friday, June 12, 2015 9:51 AM