none
Kinect v2 - Unity and Face Tracking RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys, 

I have been working with the Kinect v2 and Unity for a little and wanted to try get Face tracking working with Unity. 

At this point I have not been able to port it to Unity, just wondering if there is anyone that may lead me in the right direction. 

Cheers in advance. 

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:13 PM

All replies

• there is some code you can find on this post that will get you started with creating the source/reader. From there you can follow the same pattern of using the api to get frame data.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/845de397-8ce7-478e-baed-b5649f35a577/faceframesource-constructor-in-unity?forum=kinectv2sdk

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:48 PM
  • Thank you, I'll see I go with this. 

EDIT: There seems to be an issue when I import the Face Package, nothing go into play mode. 

Then when I try import both the standard Kinect and Face package, things won work at all.

What I want to try get working is the Face Basics - WPF, but in Unity. 

I want to be able to grab and use the data. 

• Edited by Gerofied Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:51 AM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:19 AM
  • Are you using Unity Pro 4 or Unity 5 personal? Only version 5 personal will work with c++ plug-ins. Version 4 required Unity pro.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:29 PM
  • I am using Unity 5 Personal, 

I managed to get the Face package working, it was creating duplicate scripts. 

I wanted to ask if there are any other references you would recommend, I am not the greatest programmer, however understand most basics. 

Basically just want to use the face data as an input. 

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:07 AM