Azure Recovery Vault Supported Storage RRS feed

• Question

• We have most of your VMS in Basic storage, due to our tight budget.

We need to start backing up those VMs as they are now serving as production.

I have configured Azure Recovery vault. The backup job keeps failing with following errors:

"Storage account configuration is not supported. Please select a different storage."

After doing same research I found the following:

Azure Recovery Service requirement:

Recovery Services vaults protect Resource Manager-based VMs including Premium Disks, Managed Disks, and Encrypted VMs. Upgrading a Backup vault to a Recovery Services vault gives you the opportunity to upgrade your Service Manager-based VMs to Resource Manager-based VMs.

What is the roadmap to backup VM which are housed in basic storage?

Thank you so much.

Snsbe

Friday, January 26, 2018 3:43 PM

Answers

• I am not using ACL. I email MS support and found out the backup failing due to us turning on firewall(inpreview) in our storage. 

After removing firewall option now I can backup just fine.

SnSbe

• Marked as answer by snsbe Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:00 PM
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:00 PM

All replies

• We do support standard storage with Recovery Services Vault. 

Could you share the subscription ID, region and last failure time referencing this forum thread link to azurebackupforumhelp at service dot Microsoft dot com? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Sunday, January 28, 2018 12:40 PM
  • Most(or all) our VM is built in Basic A1 storage.

Here is the error message:

Error Code
    UserErrorUnsupportedStorageConfiguration
    Error Message
    Storage account configuration is not supported.
    Recommended Action
    Please select a different storage account.

Region: East US 2

• Edited by snsbe Monday, January 29, 2018 8:55 PM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 2:19 PM
  • Are you using ACLed Storage Account?

Azure Backup doesn’t support ACLed Storage Account currently.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Edited by vikranth s Thursday, February 1, 2018 6:57 PM
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 6:57 PM
  • I am not using ACL. I email MS support and found out the backup failing due to us turning on firewall(inpreview) in our storage. 

After removing firewall option now I can backup just fine.

SnSbe

• Marked as answer by snsbe Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:00 PM
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:00 PM
  • Thank you for sharing the solution here. It will be greatly beneficial for other community members who have related questions.         

Sunday, February 4, 2018 12:58 PM