single file that would contant index (file locations)

Question

• All,

I looking to implement a method in Visual C++ that can load a single file that would content indexes (file locations) information of images, video, and PDF files. Using these indexes be able to load these files within the Windows 8.1 application.

Thanks,

A.B.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:24 PM

Answers

• It sounds like you want a resource file.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by A.B. Lambert Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:21 PM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:51 PM
  • The app would have the files as part of the app package, so I guess the answer to your question is "yes".

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by A.B. Lambert Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:16 PM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:12 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you want a resource file.

• Marked as answer by A.B. Lambert Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:21 PM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:51 PM
  • Matt,

Thanks for the jumping off point. Will check it out.

A.B.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:17 PM
  • Matt,

Does the App need to take ownership of the directory were all the files are?

Thanks,

A.B.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:33 PM
  • The app would have the files as part of the app package, so I guess the answer to your question is "yes".

• Marked as answer by A.B. Lambert Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:16 PM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:12 PM
  • Thanks going to make a new posting to continue my question
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:22 PM