Windows Mobile Device Center SDK RRS feed

• Question

•  

Please let me know if there is any SDK for Windows Mobile Device Center. I did not find any. Also it would be great to have some migration from ActiveSync to Device Center tips.

Does RAPI working in Device Center? Is it still RAPI.DLL ?

Friday, December 14, 2007 6:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

unfortunatelly there is no SDK for the WMDC. The only thing you have are the 4 libraries in the %WinDir%\Windows Mobile. It contains 4 libraries named as "Microsoft.WindowsMobile.*.dll". Additionally you don't get any documentation on the libraries themselves which makes it hard to use.

As you use the RAPI (I think by using the OpenNETCF library) most of the applications shall still run under WMDC as the included RAPI seems to be backward compatible. The included RAPI itself is in a new version.

I hope this helps for the moment.

Cheers, Peter
    Friday, December 14, 2007 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

unfortunatelly there is no SDK for the WMDC. The only thing you have are the 4 libraries in the %WinDir%\Windows Mobile. It contains 4 libraries named as "Microsoft.WindowsMobile.*.dll". Additionally you don't get any documentation on the libraries themselves which makes it hard to use.

As you use the RAPI (I think by using the OpenNETCF library) most of the applications shall still run under WMDC as the included RAPI seems to be backward compatible. The included RAPI itself is in a new version.

I hope this helps for the moment.

Cheers, Peter
    Friday, December 14, 2007 9:09 AM
  • Thanks! I hope our new software products that are based on RAPI will work.

The reason why I'm asking this is that we got some requests from our customers to make their products compatible with Device Center. That is why I think that Device Center is not fully compatible with AS4.5.

Friday, December 14, 2007 9:51 AM
  • Hi,

probably you can tell me the requirements to see if the compatibility is given. I've played a bit with the WMDC, so probably I can help a bit.

As long as it relies on the RAPI, it shall be compatible. I haven't found any problem actually with t. Problems themsevles can be found by the interaction with the WMDC itself.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Peter

Friday, December 14, 2007 10:05 AM