locked
MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP RRS feed

  • Question

  • User798390451 posted

    I am using the MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP object to read other files locally and am running into 2 different types of problems.  I've written a small program outside of all my objects to try and find out what is going wrong and it has highlighted this...

    Problem 1 - GET vs POST

    If use oXMLHTTP.Open "POST" it returns a HTTP Error 405.0 - Method Not Allowed message, however, this works fine if I use oXMLHTTP.Open "GET".  I've tried searching for an explanation to this over the net but have not found anything which explains why a GET works but not a POST.

    Problem 2 - msxml3.dll error '80072ee2' - The operation timed out

    When I run my application normally, I receive this error when trying to do a oXMLHTTP.Open "POST"

    My code works fine on my laptop running XP with IIS6, as well as the office and internet servers which run IIS6 and 2000.  However, it does not work on my new machine which runs Vista Ultimate and IIS7.

    Somebody please help before I throw my Vista machine out of the window and onto the cars on the street below.

    Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:21 AM

All replies

  • User798390451 posted

    OK,

    After much messing around with IIS7 and ASP, I have come to the following conclusion with my configuration...

    MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP works fine on //localhost when trying hit any static file (.htm, .xml etc).  When I try to hit a file with .asp extension, I get timeout errors.

    Anyone know how do I configure IIS7/Vista Security to allow MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP to communicate with .asp files on //localhost?

    I've tried Googling and searching Microsoft.com for hours now and have not been able to find any answers.

    Cheers

    Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:34 AM
  • User113421904 posted

    Hi Josephcarney,

    Since various application can call this object. I would like to know following aspects first to help finding the issue.

    What kind of application is using the MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP object? Are you using MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP in ASP code? Is it Windows Application or script?

    And what do you mean by running application normally?

     

    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 6:47 AM
  • User798390451 posted

    It is a classic ASP file.

    When I hit another .asp file on //localhost using MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP it times out.  When I hit any other type of file (.htm, .txt etc) on //localhost using MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP it is ok.

    I've been through IIS7 and tried every combination of allowing GET, POST as allowed verbs etc and it still times out.  The same code works fine on XP //localhost as well as on the office intranet and internet servers.

    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:22 AM
  • User1073881637 posted

    Is Classic ASP installed?  Does the file work manually when you browse it?

    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:09 AM
  • User798390451 posted

    Yes, I have classic ASP is installed.

    I have a program called test.asp that uses the MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP object to open another file on localhost. 

    If test.asp uses MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP to open a file called testopen.xml or testopen.html, it works fine. 

    If test.asp uses MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP to open a file called testopen.asp it hangs with a timeout error.  testopen.asp contains nothing but a response.write "testopen.asp file works ok"

    If test.asp uses MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP to open a file on the internet, for example http://forums.iis.net then it works fine.

    The problem I am having is that IIS7 times out if you try to hit another .asp file on localhost.

     

    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:02 AM
  • User-984057088 posted

    Hi,

     I have the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

     Best regards,

    Daniel

     

    Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:29 PM
  • User1073881637 posted

    Try commenting out ::1 in the hosts file.  Also, if you are running UAC, try disabling on a temporary basis.  

    Saturday, July 12, 2008 11:28 PM
  • User1254222884 posted

    Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same problem. Also, when the XMLHTTP object has a request open, NO-ONE can get an asp file from the server (it seems to be running asp in a single, blocking thread!).

    Ideas?

     Owen

    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:27 PM
  • User1970547457 posted
    For me anyway, the solution was to change the "Maximum Worker Processes" under process model for the application from default of 1 to 5 (who knows, 2 might have been enough too).
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:59 PM
  • User1737954546 posted

    Hi, i still have the same issue, is there any more infrastructure issue thats causing the issue. please provide more debug info.

     

     

    Thanks,

    Bala

    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:28 AM
  • User-1449205999 posted

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316451

     I believe this addresses the issue you are talking about.

     

    HTH,

    Charles

    Friday, April 3, 2009 12:41 PM
  • User351579616 posted
    That is it my friend. I commented the line ::1 in the hosts file at \windows\system32\drivers\etc with a "#", saved the file and refreshed the cache with the command: nbtstat -R (command). It worked out gently. Cheers!

    Try commenting out ::1 in the hosts file.  Also, if you are running UAC, try disabling on a temporary basis.  

    Monday, June 15, 2009 11:39 AM
  • User1073881637 posted

    Thanks for posting, it's always nice to know when something works, it'll help others in the community.

    Monday, June 15, 2009 10:34 PM