none
[Hyper-V 2016] [Replica] Reverse replication is failing with different errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I am facing issues as mentioned in Title of this question thread & elaborated below.

Setup:

Windows version: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Edition.

Two FoC clusters, two nodes each.

Scenario:

1. Failover VM managed by Hyper-V replica from one FoC cluster to another. Let’s call first cluster as primary and target cluster as secondary. As part of failover process, I shutdown VM on primary side, reverse replication & power on VM at secondary side.
    2. In reverse replication step, I prepare the replication at primary side. And then execute reverse replication command at secondary side.

Following are the commandlets that I execute for these steps

Prepare Planned Failover(On primary)

1. Make sure replication state is “Replicating”.

Start-VMFailover -VM <VM Object> -Confirm:$false

1. Get VM object and run commandlet
      1. Start-VMFailover -Prepare -VM <VM Object> -Confirm:$false

Planned Failover(On secondary)

1. If replication for VM is in “Replicating” state run commandlet

Start-VMFailover -VM <VM Object> -Confirm:$false  

1. If replication for VM is in “FailedOverWaitingCompletion” state run commandlet (Authentication is Kerberos(HTTP))

Set-VMReplication -Reverse -VM <VM Object> -ReplicaServerName <replica broker name> -Confirm:$false 

In our setups, Planned Failover commandlet is failing with one of two errors(randomly) mentioned below. In particular, Replication was in  “FailedOverWaitingCompletion” state.

Error message 1: You do not have the required permission to complete this task. Contact the administrator of the authorization policy for the computer <replica broker name>.

Error message 2: Hyper-V encountered an error trying to access an object on computer <replica broker name> because the object was not found. The object might have been deleted. Verify that the Virtual Machine Management service on the computer is running.

Note that, these commandlets are working on Hyper-V 2012. I am testing these on Hyper-V 2016. I want to know, if there is something changed in Hyper-V 2016. So also, failover is working, when performed thru Failover Cluster Manager UI. I checked that "Virtual Machine Management service" service is in running state.

Will you please help me in debugging this issue? Is there something obvious that I am missing?

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:27 AM

All replies