none
BizTalk 2009 Visual Studio 2008 The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT : 0x80070002) RRS feed

  • Question

  • After upgrading all my projects to BizTalk 2009 I get the following error in Visual Studio 2008 when I attempt to select a schema in the XML assembler/Validator / any component in a pipeline artifact. This appears to affect all migrated projects.

    "The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT : 0x80070002)"

    I have been following http://dotnet.org.za/ryancrawcour/archive/2009/07/17/biztalk-2009-amp-visual-studio-2008-annoyance-2.aspx quite a bit and there is nothing that helps.

    I have tried the following:

    - Removing all reference to development and deployment configurations
    - Setting local copy reference = false
    - Removing and re adding references
    - Changing from project to binary references

    The only thing left is to try and create all new projects which I don't really want to do having 30 or so projects that have been migrated.

    Are there any additional tips or patches for this issue?


    Nikolai
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 10:24 PM

Answers

  • I have come up with a strategy for resolving these with BizTalk 2009. I call it the inconsequential change workaround. Basically the problem is that the BizTalk compilation gets cached incorrectly and you need to ensure that the appropriate part gets rebuilt. What I do is add a message expression shape with just a semicolon near the last change in an orchestration to ensure that the section of the orchestration builds properly. This works great for orchestrations, but I am not sure if it is related to your problem which is something in the pipeline designer.

    In a pipeline, try changing a property of a pipeline component that shows up properly to ensure that the pipeline area gets rebuilt and is not cached.

    Also, try deleting the bin/obj folders out - this also helps remove cached references. I also try to clean out known GAC references with the same name as assemblies I am building and undeploy BizTalk applications using the assemblies I am trying to build.  

    Thanks,


    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by Nikolai Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:46 PM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:39 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • I have come up with a strategy for resolving these with BizTalk 2009. I call it the inconsequential change workaround. Basically the problem is that the BizTalk compilation gets cached incorrectly and you need to ensure that the appropriate part gets rebuilt. What I do is add a message expression shape with just a semicolon near the last change in an orchestration to ensure that the section of the orchestration builds properly. This works great for orchestrations, but I am not sure if it is related to your problem which is something in the pipeline designer.

    In a pipeline, try changing a property of a pipeline component that shows up properly to ensure that the pipeline area gets rebuilt and is not cached.

    Also, try deleting the bin/obj folders out - this also helps remove cached references. I also try to clean out known GAC references with the same name as assemblies I am building and undeploy BizTalk applications using the assemblies I am trying to build.  

    Thanks,


    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by Nikolai Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:46 PM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:39 PM
    Moderator
  • The problem is now solved.

    It seems that in reviewing the local copy references I found one reference that was still set to true for a dependent schema project, after changing this the schema selection dialog started to work again.

    These dlls were all deployed in the GAC at the time so perhaps this combination of GAC'd dll and local copy true is the source of the issue.

    It is difficult to know sometimes which combination of changes eventually fixes the situation, I had also tried your suggestion of removing all bin and obj directories at somepoint but it did not fix the problem by itself.

    Thanks for your suggestions.


    Nikolai
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:44 AM
  • Thanks for this. I found that simply toggling the "Copy Local" property on the schema project reference fixed this for me. I wouldn't have thought of that before reading this post, though. :-)
    Friday, January 15, 2010 5:42 AM
  • Hotfixes for most of these 'Copy Local' issues will be made available by Microsoft eventually. Can't say the exact dates though.

    Regards,
    Thiago
    Thiago Almeida - http://connectedthoughts.wordpress.com
    Monday, January 18, 2010 8:00 PM
    Answerer
  • A hotfix is now available that might fix your issue:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977428/en-us

    Regards,
    Thiago
    Thiago Almeida - http://connectedthoughts.wordpress.com
    Monday, January 25, 2010 6:42 PM
    Answerer
  • I am having this problem with Biztalk 2013

    Larry Smith

    Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:47 PM